NO PURCHASE (and additionally for CA residents, NO PAYMENT OF ANY KIND) NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins at 12am CST on August 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59PM CST on September 23, 2021. Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for the Sweepstakes. Winner(s) will be selected from entries properly submitted to the Sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes only open to legal residents of the fifty states of the United States and the District of Columbia (void in Puerto Rico, all US territories and possession and all overseas military installations) who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence as of August 1, 2021. All employees of Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, fulfillment and advertising and promotion agencies (all of the foregoing, together with Sponsor collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these official rules (“Official Rules”).
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter: (1) Scan the QR code found on Sweepstakes promotional materials, which will open a link for a text message. Text “PREMIUM” to (816) 722-2322. You will receive a response text from Sponsor; follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the entry form. (2) Scan the QR code found on packaging of select Charter Reserve deli products, which will open a link for a text message. Text “EXTRA1” to (816) 722-2322. You will receive a response text from Sponsor; follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the entry form. Limit one (1) entry per QR code. Entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the phone number through which the entry was submitted. Automated entries (including but not limited to entries submitted using any robot, script, macro or other automated service) are not permitted and will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for and entrants assume all risk of lost, late, damaged, incomplete, illegible, incorrect, misdirected or postage due entries.
- PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant by entering and each Prize Winner by accepting a prize grants to the Sweepstakes Entities a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant’s name, city, state and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”), in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: Grand Prize drawings will be conducted beginning August 6, 2021 through September 24, 2021, with Grand Prizes allocated as follows: 28 potential Grand Prize Winners (1 at each of the 28 participating Price Chopper stores) will be selected in a random drawing to be held each Friday during the Sweepstakes Period, for a total of 224 potential Grand Prize Winners. Entrants will be included in the random drawing(s) based on receipt of entry and will be included in all drawings until they win a Grand Prize or until the conclusion of the Sweepstakes, whichever occurs first. Entrants are only eligible to win one (1) Grand Prize. The potential Prize Winners will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning will depend on number of eligible entries received. Potential Grand Prize Winners will be notified via text at the phone number provided by that entrant at Sweepstakes entry within twenty-four (24) hours after the drawing (“Prize Award Period”). The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. Each Potential Grand Prize Winner shall be required to complete the winner form, including an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and where legal, a publicity release (collectively, the “Affidavit”), and submit same, within 24 hours of issuance of notification. At the sole discretion of Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential Prize Winner’s failure to respond to notification within 24 hours after its transmission; (2) the return of a text notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (3) a potential Prize Winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency and/or return the Affidavit; and (4) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner.
- PRIZE DETAILS: A total of 224 “Grand Prizes” will be awarded in this Sweepstakes (1 per week at each of the 28 participating Price Chopper stores). A Grand Prize will consist of a $50 Price Chopper gift card, for a total Grand Prize value of $11,200.00. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prize.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution allowed, except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. The Prizes will be awarded within five (5) business days of receipt of the Affidavit by Sponsor, with the final Prizes awarded by October 15, 2021 after which no alternate winners will be selected, nor unclaimed prized awarded. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs or expenses associated with acceptance or use of a prize are the sole responsibility of each Winner, who will receive an IRS form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of the Prize, if applicable. Once the required information and official paperwork are received within the specified time period, verified, and receive final approval by Sweepstakes Entities, then and only then will a Potential Prize Winner become an actual Prize Winner. The Prizes will be shipped only to addresses in the United States.
- GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes Entities’ websites, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of winners. Further, if for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, Sponsor will select a Prize Winner(s) from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action. Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the Entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and or general rules of any sponsor property or service, ; of (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto and from any interaction with computer Sweepstakes information. PRIZES WILL BE ACCEPTED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). Sweepstakes Entities make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with this Sweepstakes.
- PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights claims, injuries claims, injuries, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to (1) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or (ii) entrant’s participation in any prize-related activities (including, without limitation), any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s). Prize Winners assume all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, in whole or in part, by participating in this Sweepstakes or receipt, use or redemption of the prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the state of Minnesota without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such dispute shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of Minnesota.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In any cause of action, the Sweepstakes Entities’ liability will be limited to actual, third party, out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any) not to exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250.00 USD), and in no event shall the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorneys’ fees and/or experts’ fees and costs. Entrants’ remedies are limited to a claim for money damages, (if any), and entrant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion or liability, so the above may not apply to you.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant waives the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
- OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS’ LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the Winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Cargill Meat Solutions Corporation, Price Chopper SMS Texting Sweepstakes, Official Rules/Winners List Request, 825 E. Douglas Ave., Wichita, KS 67202. Official Rules/Winners List Request for winners must be received no later than three months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. VT residents may omit return postage.
- SPONSOR: Cargill Meat Solutions Corporation, 825 E. Douglas Ave., Wichita, KS 67202.