- 4 ounces thinly sliced Uncured Genoa Salami
- 1 tube of thin crust refrigerated pizza dough
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Olive oil, as needed
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup pizza sauce (for dipping)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. If you have a pizza stone, place it into the oven at this time.
- On a clean work surface, roll out thin-crust pizza dough as much as it will stretch. Spread pizza sauce almost to the edges, leaving about a ½-inch border.
- Spread the cheese over the top of the sauce then top with salami.
- Then roll the pizza dough creating a pinwheel. Make sure to crimp the ends so the cheese doesn’t melt out and cut slits in the top to allow the steam to escape. Brush with the egg wash.
- Place in the oven on a pan or heated pizza stone. Cook for 12-15 minutes until the crust becomes golden brown in color and crispy.
- Once cooked, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese. Cut into bite-sized pieces and serve with warm pizza sauce.