Apple A Day Sandwich
- 2 ounces Hickory Smoked Turkey Breast
- Gouda cheese
- Granny Smith apple and red onion slaw*
- Apple Butter
- Brioche Roll
*Granny Smith Apple and Red Onion Slaw
- 1 small head red cabbage, tough bottom ribs removed, shredded (about 6 cups)
- 2 bulbs fennel, cored and julienned
- 3 carrots, grated
- 2 Granny Smith apples, julienned
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 1 ½ to 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons horseradish
Slaw recipe courtesy of foodnetwork.com.
Granny Smith Apple and Red Onion Slaw
- Combine the cabbage, fennel, carrots, apples and onion in a large bowl. Douse with the vinegar, season with salt and let sit for at least 1 hour. This will soften the cabbage and make it seem almost cooked, but it will still have a great texture.
- Drain the cabbage of excess liquid but still keep it fairly juicy. Stir in the mayonnaise and horseradish. Taste for seasoning and add salt. The result should be a creamy and tart slaw.
- Slice brioche roll in half and slather on apple butter.
- Add slices of gouda cheese and Hickory Smoked Turkey Breast to roll.
- Top with slaw.