BBQ Beef Boats
- 4, 6 inch sweet potatoes, cleaned
BBQ Beef filling
- 16 ounces Seasoned Angus Roast Beef, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce
- Optional garnish: Chopped green onion, sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Arrange sweet potatoes in a baking dish and place on the center rack of the oven. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until you can easily pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork.
- While potatoes are cooking prepare the BBQ beef filling.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in red onion and cook for 3 minutes, or until translucent.
- Stir in broccoli and corn and cook for 3 minutes, or until corn is warm and broccoli turns bright green. Add sliced beef to the vegetable mixture in the skillet. Stir in BBQ sauce and cook on low for 3 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and set aside until the sweet potatoes are cooked.
- Remove baked sweet potatoes from the oven and use a fork to mash the sweet potatoes as needed to create space for the filling. Divide the filling evenly between sweet potatoes by spooning a portion into the center of each potato.
- Serve with green onions and sour cream if desired.