- 2 ounces Off the Bone Turkey Breast
- Cranberry onion relish*
- Herb mayo**
- Cornbread stuffing***
- Toasted buttermilk biscuit
*Cranberry Onion Relish
- 12-ounce package of fresh or unthawed frozen cranberries
- 2 cups sweet onion, chopped
- 12-ounce jar of red-currant jelly
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
Relish recipe courtesy of epicurious.com.
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, tarragon, or chives
Mayo recipe courtesy of marthastewart.com.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for the baking dish
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large onions, finely diced
- 3 celery stalks, finely diced
- 9 cups cubed cornbread (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup whole milk
Stuffing recipe courtesy of thespruceeats.com.
Cranberry Onion Relish
- Stir together all ingredients in a 2- to 3-quart heavy saucepan, then bring to a boil, covered.
- Remove lid and reduce heat, then simmer until cranberries have burst, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool, uncovered. Chill, covered, at least 8 hours for flavors to meld. Serve at room temperature.
- Place egg yolks in a food processor. To avoid using raw eggs, substitute yolks from pasteurized eggs.
- Add mustard and lemon juice. Pulse ingredients until well combined.
- With the motor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream (mixture should become thick and emulsified). Stir in chopped herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 1 week.
- Make the herb butter. Mix the butter with the sage, thyme, parsley, rosemary, tablespoons salt and 2 teaspoons pepper in a small bowl until well combined.
- Make the stuffing. Melt ½ cup of the herb butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and celery and saute, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Combine the cooked onions and celery with the cornbread, egg, chicken broth, milk and ¾ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl; mix well. Place in a buttered 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes; remove the foil and bake until golden brown, about 20 more minutes.
- Top toasted buttermilk biscuit with Herbed Mayo spread.
- Layer on slices of Off the Bone Turkey Breast, cranberry onion relish and cornbread stuffing.