Turkey Avocado Bacon Club
- 2 ounces Golden Roasted Seasoned Turkey Breast
- Creamy avocado spread*
- Sliced tomatoes
- Peppered bacon
- Herbed mayo**
- Potato roll
*Creamy Avocado Spread
- 2 large avocados, halved and pitted
- ½ cup lightly packed fresh cilantro (some stems are okay)
- ⅓ cup lime juice (from about 2 ½ limes)
- 1 small jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons water, more as needed to thin
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
Spread recipe courtesy of cookieandkate.com.
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, tarragon, or chives
Mayo recipe courtesy of marthastewart.com.
Creamy Avocado Spread
- Using a spoon, scoop the flesh of the avocados into a food processor or blender. Add the cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño, water, and salt.
- Process, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary, until the sauce is smooth and creamy. (If the mixture refuses to blend, add additional water in 1 tablespoon increments, as necessary.)
- If you would like a thinner, more drizzly sauce, add water in 1 tablespoon increments until it reaches your desired consistency. Taste, and add more salt if it’s not quite flavorful enough.
- Transfer the avocado sauce to a small serving bowl. This sauce keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for about 4 days.
- Place egg yolks in a food processor. (To avoid using raw eggs, substitute yolks from pasteurized eggs)
- Add mustard and lemon juice. Pulse ingredients until well combined.
- With the motor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream (mixture should become thick and emulsified). Stir in chopped herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 1 week.
- Top potato roll with desired amount of creamy avocado spread and herbed mayo.
- Add slices of Golden Roasted Seasoned Turkey Breast, sliced tomatoes and peppered bacon.