Virginia Ham Hash
- 1 pound Virginia Brand Smoked Uncured Ham, cut into ½-inch cubes (have the deli slice into ½-inch thick slices)
- 4 thick-cut bacon slices, ¼-inch slices
- 2 russet potatoes, cut into ½ -inch to 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup yellow onions, ¼-inch dice
- ½ cup red bell peppers, ¼-inch dice
- ½ cup green bell peppers, ¼-inch dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 8 Large Eggs
- Cut ham into ½-inch cubes and set aside. Cut the bacon into ¼-inch slices and place into a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Cook the bacon until crispy then remove with a slotted spoon. Do not drain the grease.
- With the same pan, add the potatoes, onions and peppers and cook for approximately 10-15 minutes. For the last 2 minutes add the garlic. Cook until the potatoes soften and the onions begin to brown.
- Add the ham into the same pan, then add thyme and season with salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes until the ham is heated throughout.
- Place the heat on low to hold the hash warm.
- In a separate sauté pan, cook 2 eggs over easy or to your liking. Once the eggs are cooked, evenly portion the hash onto 4 plates and top with cooked eggs.
- Serve your favorite salsa or hot sauce on the side.