Buffalo Style Chicken Sandwich
- 2 ounces Buffalo Style Chicken Breast
- Apple and celery slaw*
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Blue cheese dressing
- Toasted bun
*Apple and Celery Slaw
- 4 stalks celery, julienned
- 2 green apples, julienned
- 1 jalapeño, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- ½ head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ head purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon celery salt
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves, barely chopped
Slaw recipe courtesy of foodnetwork.com.
Apple and Celery Slaw
- Combine the celery, apples, jalapeño, and green and purple cabbage in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the olive oil, mustard, sugar, vinegar, cayenne, salt, and celery salt.
- Pour over the cabbage mix and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Before serving, toss in the cilantro leaves.
- Cut the bun in half and toast each side.
- Spread toasted bun with blue cheese crumbles and dressing.
- Layer slices of Buffalo Style Chicken Breast and apple and celery slaw.