Hot Smokehouse Turkey Sandwich
- 2 ounces Mesquite Smoked Turkey Breast
- Sweet/spicy BBQ sauce
- Pickled slaw*
- Slices of cheddar cheese
- Slices of cooked bacon
- Kaiser roll
- ½ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 3 cups (about 4 ounces) angel hair cabbage
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 3 radishes, cut into matchsticks (about ½ cup)
Slaw recipe courtesy of southernliving.com.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, mustard seeds, and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high, and boil, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute.
- Place cabbage, carrots, and radishes in a medium bowl. Pour vinegar mixture over slaw mixture and stir to combine. Chill, uncovered, 12 minutes. Drain and serve.
- On a toasted Kaiser roll, sliced in half, add slices of Mesquite Smoked Turkey Breast.
- Top with cooked bacon slices and cheddar cheese.
- Heat in the oven, at 350ºF, until the cheese is melted.
- Top with desired amount of BBQ sauce and pickled slaw.