Smoked Ham Southern Slaw
- 8 ounces Virginia Brand Ham, cut into strips
- 1 small head of cabbage, sliced
- 4 small cucumbers, cubed
- 14 ounces canned sweet corn, drained
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the salad ingredients and dressing together. Serve cold.
Greek Roast Beef Salad
- 8 ounces sliced Seasoned Angus Roast Beef
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
Mediterranean Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Whisk together vinegar, lemon, mustard, and salt. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Set aside.
- Place salad ingredients into a large serving bowl and toss. Serve dressing on the side. Pair with a warm pita cut into fourths.
Crispy Honey Ham Chopped Salad
- 6 ounces Uncured Honey Ham
- 1 bag chopped kale salad kit (use ingredients in the kit along with ingredients listed)
- 1 cup red grapes, cut in half
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan
- 3 ounces Champagne vinaigrette
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios
- 1 Fuji apple, thinly sliced, cut fresh
- 1 jalapeño or habanero (minced)
- Place a large sauté pan on medium high heat. Add Uncured Honey Ham to the pan and cook until lightly browned and crispy. Set aside.
- Make the salad (you can use the other ingredients in the kit) by combining the remaining ingredients. Rough chop the crispy Uncured Honey Ham.
- Divide the tossed salad between 2 plates or bowls and top with the chopped crispy Uncured Honey Ham.
Turkey Cranberry Salad
- 16 ounces Honey Turkey Breast
- 10 ounces of field greens or spinach
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted or candied, if desired
- 1, 4 ounce package of goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup prepared or store-bought whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Divide salad greens evenly among 4 individual salad bowls.
- Fold turkey slices and arrange them in one quadrant of each salad.
- Divide the remaining ingredients evenly and arrange them in sections of each salad, creating an arranged salad.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until almost smooth.
- Serve dressing with salads.
- Candied pecans can be found at most grocery stores.
- Great use for leftover cranberry sauce.
Honey Ham Pasta Salad
- 12 slices of Honey Ham
- 1, 16-ounce box of fusilli or rotini (gluten-free if desired)
- ½ of a 12-ounce jar of roasted red peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- 1, 14-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, red and/or yellow, halved
- ½ cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- ¾ cup Italian dressing
- Lettuce leaves, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the ham slices on parchment paper so that they don’t overlap, curling the edges and folding like a nest.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until edges brown and they start to crisp. Place on a cooling rack to cool.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water. Place pasta in a large bowl. Stir in the next 6 ingredients and toss lightly to combine.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut ham crisps into thin pieces. Stir half of the ham pieces into the pasta salad.
- Place pasta in a serving bowl and garnish with remaining ham crisp pieces.
- Pasta salad can be made ahead of time. Garnish just before serving
- To serve as individual servings, line salad plates with lettuce leaves; spoon pasta salad onto lettuce and garnish with remaining crispy ham pieces.
Waldorf Chicken Salad
- 8 ounces Golden Roasted Chicken Breast
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1 cup red grapes
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Bibb or leaf lettuce leaves
- Lemon wedges
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except chicken breast and lettuce leaves. Stir in mayonnaise mixture and toss to lightly combine.
- Line 4 individual salad plates with Bibb or leaf lettuce leaves. Divide salad mixture evenly among lettuce-lined salad plates.
- Arrange slices of chicken breast over salad mixture.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Nuts can be toasted ahead of time. Salad can be served on a lettuce-lined serving platter if desired. This salad also tastes great in a lettuce wrap.
To serve on a bun: layer chicken and top with salad mixture on a toasted bun.
To serve as an “arranged” salad: line plates with lettuce and arrange individual ingredients in sections on top of lettuce. Drizzle with mayonnaise-lemon juice mixture.
Serves: Makes 24 Skewers
Beef Salad Skewers
- 24 slices Seasoned Angus Roast Beef, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 head of Iceberg lettuce, cut into 24 (1½-inch) wedges
- 24 slices cucumber
- 24 grape or cherry tomatoes
- ¾ pound block Swiss cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¾ pound block of cheddar cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ⅓ cup Ranch dressing
- Thread lettuce wedges, 2 slices of roast beef, cucumber, tomatoes, and cheese cubes onto 8-inch skewers.
- Arrange skewers on a platter or board.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Skewers can be made ahead. Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Drizzle with dressing just before serving.
- Ingredients can also be tossed as a salad instead of placed on skewers.
Asian Chicken Salad
- 4 ounces thinly sliced Golden Roasted Chicken Breast, ¼-inch julienne slices
- 1 cup shredded romaine
- ½ cup shredded green cabbage
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup crispy wontons
- ¼ cup cooked edamame
- ¼ cup cilantro, rough chopped
- 3 tablespoons bottled Asian sesame dressing
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl. Add the dressing and gently toss until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour contents onto a large round plate and serve immediately.